Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Preparing for Thanksgiving


We have been busily preparing for a rather large crowd of friends to join us for Turkey Day. Ward and I used to host a big Thanksgiving par-tay with all the friends who did not otherwise have families in the area. We stopped doing it awhile back because of a few reasons: We both actually DO have family in the area, so it becomes an unpopular trade-off. Also, neither Ward nor I are very good cooks. Ward is actually better than I am, so cooking often becomes a joint-venture. Thanksgiving certainly will be that as we plan to feed about 20 people. So offering to cook an important dinner for a large crowd is daunting at the very least. And finally, neither of us are very big meat eaters, so we are rather clueless when it comes to roasting a turkey. Luckily, the whole meal is not that complicated. The difficulty mostly comes with juggling dishes in and out of the oven and, of course, the gravy. So by now I have learned to buy a jar or two of turkey gravy base from Harry & David. One aspect that I do love is decorating the tables. I enjoy picking out the placemats, napkins and dishes. So, why do we do it? Because we love our friends and we have all the dishes ;-)

Here it is Wednesday night and I am feeling pretty good. My house got cleaned, I've done all my shopping, and as much prep work as I can. Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Happy Turkey Day everyone!!

Love,
Chris

No comments: