Saturday, September 20, 2008

"NICK"names

I am so sorry that I haven't posted in awhile.... no excuse.  I love reading all of your blogs and know I should contribute to mine. 

Nick is doing really well at Cascade.  He is thriving with the bigger atmosphere.  He's made several new friends, is doing quite well with his school work and is getting involved with school sports like basketball.  I just learned today that the kids at school call him "Nicky".  And he LETS them!!  

He is also doing Auburn Little League "Fall Ball" and has just taken off this fall.  He has games every Saturday and is batting 800  so far (8 hits at 10 at-bats).  Today he made an unassisted double play.  He also pitched and did quite well.  The kids on his team call him "High Performance Nick", which has gotten shortened to "HP Nick".  I think that is so cute.  

We are adjusting well to our new fall schedule.  Routine works well in our family, as it does most other places.  

We bought Jill & Derek's pickup truck from them.  It's a Ford F-150, fully loaded and well taken care of.  Fits our family well with baseball and our camping trips, but in order to make the payments, I've had to let the "household staff" go, so we will be doing our own housecleaning and yard work!  Oh dread the thought!  I built a new chore chart that covers all the work that they did and we are doing it ourselves.  Sorry, I don't mean for that to sound as pretentious as it reads. It's just that with Ward and I both working full time, we need some extra help.  Now that Nick is older, he can do most of the jobs.  And, what a great way to learn.  So far, so good. 

The truck is part one of a two-part plan.  The second part is a trailer that we can tow with the truck.  We will have to save our sheckels for that but it will be great to take to the property.

Well, I am off to watch another riveting episode of "BSG".  

Over and out,
Starbuck

(unless she turns out to be a Cylon, then nevermind...) 

4 comments:

Gramma Carol said...

Whew! I wondered if you had abandoned blogging!

Don't be overloading my grandson with too many tedious chores now...he has to save that pitching arm!

Rusting away in Washington said...

Way to go Chris! We know Carle this summer gave Nick lessons on how to pick up Gus's deposits in the yard over at the lake (LOL). That should help with one of the the house hold chores! If you want to barrow my kids for more help We could call it the "Kaatz Kids Work Camp"! That is after they are done with their chore at home. Yeah!

How cool about the trailer idea! That will be great!!

Where are those baked goods from that know mixer?

Chris Kaatz said...

I like Kaatz Kids Work Camp! Great idea :)

I am thinking about baking some cookies today... I have to break in that new mixer!!

Christina Johnson said...

He changed his myspace name to Nicky this weekend and I immediately commented on his page asking when that name stopped triggering nasty looks to appear on his face ;) He never said it was because of school... You think a girl started it?? Hmmm, probably not, he wouldn't have kept it!
Hey I live really close now, I'd be happy to taste those new mixer creations for you :) ...You know, make sure they're safe for my little brother.