Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Table

Poinsettia applique on the silky napkin


Embroidered Poinsettias on the corners of the tablecloth.

The full effect



This has been the first "Friday after Thanksgiving" that we haven't celebrated our anniversary because Thanksgiving actually fell after our anniversary, instead of before.  So, we spent yesterday dragging out all the Christmas decorations to begin the process of transforming the house.  My favorite part is decorating the dining room.  I just love getting out all of my holiday table linens and making it look so festive.  However, this year I have grown tired of my Christmas linens and wanted some new ones. But I was not interested one bit in fighting holiday crowds on "Black Friday".  Thankfully, Christina called me and said that she and her friends family were going to go shopping.  She offered to pick me up something if I told her what I wanted.  So, I quick looked online at Bed, Bath & Beyond website and found a table cloth that I really liked.  She took down the name and size and found it for me!  She brought it to me later that evening and I got to finish decorating my table.  I am so happy about that!!  Thank you Chrissy!

4 comments:

Rusting away in Washington said...

Thats just beautiful! Your ahead of me in decorating! Maybe today we will start between painting. LOL

Gramma Carol said...

Well, that's just beautiful! And you did it without having to leave the house. Pretty smart cookie!

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Great job! It looks wonderful!

Christina Johnson said...

Glad to help! It looks great!