Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Saturday....


I woke up this morning at about 6:30 am to my work phone alarm going off, which indicates a system problem. I went downstairs to investigate. Made a phonecall to redirect the problem and was thinking about heading back to bed for some additional shuteye. Nick's game wasn't until noon today and we were scheduled to drive to Portland this afternoon to attend an annual Halloween par-tay, so I thought I could/should sleep in today. Well, that wasn't to be. Soon after, I heard Ward scuttling around upstairs. Then down the stairs to where I am. He says, "Annie is a naughty little kitty". What happened, I ask? Apparently, she climbed up onto Ward's side of the bed, with him still in it, and peed on his down comforter. Ugghghgh. Thankfully, I had just received my order of "Anti-Icky-Poo" (seriously), which is unbeatable for removing pet stains like that. It has some enzyme that breaks down protein molecules. Once that incident is under control, after the work incident, I hear Nick yell "Mom, Lucy just threw up in the game room..." ughghgghgh. Again, it's Anti-Icky-Poo to the rescue. I rush in only to find that, well, Gus beat me to it. So, I won't explain details here but suffice it to say that he earned his keep today. Tomorrow, I will steam clean that carpet!!

I did have just enough time to cook Nick a really healthy breakfast before his game, and get a 30 minute workout in on the elliptical machine.

Then off to the 2 1/2 hour baseball game in the rain!! Did you think they were supposed to call the games when it rains? So did I! Well, Nick's team handled the opposing Steel Lake White Sox quite effectively. Nick had a double and two singles, and pitched pretty well. His pitching arm was bothering him from where he got his TDAP booster two days ago. Then, at his last at-bat, he got drilled in the back (again) by a pitch. ouchie!

So we hurry home to gather our costumes and overnight goodies to head down to Portland. We didn't get on the road until after 4:00 pm. Wayyy too late. Add in a bad accident south of Tacoma, hungry tummies, and hard driving rain, and we ended up turning around and heading home. We did stop at Cabella's to check that out. Hey, did you know that it is HUNTING SEASON??!! Everything in Cabella's is geared towards hunting. Nick bought himself some kind of hunting-related XBOX 360 game. I honestly am REALLY glad that I married into something as innocuous as the Grateful Dead culture, as opposed to the "hunting" culture. That just ain't for me.

We finally made it back home and are enjoying a fire in the fireplace, a nice glass of wine, and then we are going to watch "To the Moon and Back" an HBO series about the space race in the '60s and '70s - getting to the moon! I think that is the title, I may be wrong about that, but it is really good.

Anyway, here is a picture of my little Annie girl. There are more pictures and movies of her playing posted in the "Kaatz Family Album" link.

Chris

2 comments:

Gramma Carol said...

Annie really is a beautiful kitty. I'm remembering why I don't want any more cats, though. I even told Miranda, "Pee in my bed and you're OUTTA HERE, Girl!" Gramma don't put up with no bodily fluids.

Chris Kaatz said...

You just have to get some Anti-Icky-Poo!!