Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My New Yoga Buddy!


I have been positively hooked on Bikram Yoga (aka - "Hot" yoga) for about 4 weeks now.  It is an amazing yoga workout done in a studio heated to about 110 degrees and about 40% humidity.  You really get a good sweat on and work every cell of your body!  It is not easy by any stretch of the imagination.  Well, I was trying (unsuccessfully) to get Ward to do this with me.  Nick approached me and said he wanted to try it with me.  I would have never guessed that Nick would be interested.  Well, he went with me tonight and he loved it.  He rested when he needed to and tried what he could.  Afterwards, we went to the natural food grocery store that is nearby and bought Odwalla juices to rejuvenate our bodies. Then we went out to dinner together.  It was a wonderful time and I am so glad to share this with him.  I asked him when he wanted to go again, and suggested tomorrow evening since he doesn't have baseball.  He replied, "mom, I want to enjoy yoga once in a while... I am not obsessed, like you."  Smart boy. 

5 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

That's funny! I don't imagine he'll be telling his buddies he does yoga :o)

Chris Kaatz said...

He actually did! He told his buddy Josh, who replied, "there ain't no such thing as hot yoga".

Chris Kaatz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina Johnson said...

'ain't no such thing'... Nice!

Jon & Jen said...

I'd love to try hot yoga sometime!

I signed up for a class once in the U-district, but the building was so old that all the heat kept escaping. It was probably only about 70 degrees, which hardly counts as "hot". ;-p