Monday, April 28, 2008

Game Cancelled

I finally am updating my blog....

So, as you know it is Baseball season. That means each and every day is filled with either a game, practice, a board meeting, or if we do have a free evening, we head to the batting cages. Ward's Dodgers are having a bit of a rough start this season so far. They have won only two games, but those wins were quite impressive. In both cases, they came back from behind to win in "extra innings". I finally learned that it's not called "overtime". Nick has had some fun successes, hitting a few doubles and triples so far. His private batting lessons are paying off (yike$$!!). So tonight, they were supposed to play a team that they were really wanting to beat. I show up at the park right after work and it is pouring down rain. The infield is a muddy, soupy mess, and the game is cancelled. Ward and Nick were so bummed out. I am thinking woohoo - an extra two hours! Sometimes I feel like a third wheel... "That's Baseball"!!

Tomorrow, Nick and his class are venturing to Warm Beach camp for 3 days. They are going to be learning about outdoor science, playing games, riding horses, swimming, and lots of other fun activities. I am so excited for him. This is his second camping trip that his class has gone on. Very cool!

And the latest....Last Saturday night, well technically Sunday morning, the phone rings. Expecting it to be Boeing, Ward answers the phone only to hear, "Is Nick there?" from a couple of girl classmates. Ward explains that he is sleeping. They say OK and hang up. Then they CALL BACK!!!! Ward explains what time it is (12:45 am) and the girls start in on "so and so told me to call...." giggle giggle. OMG.

5 comments:

Gramma Carol said...

Get used to the silly phone calls...this is only a preview of what is to come.

Christina Johnson said...

Oh my! That's funny! One the whole Nick - girl thing gets going I get to screen these little chicks right? Oooh, say yes.... Please... It already sounds like fun!!

It's nice to have you back on here!!!

Chris Kaatz said...

I think that is only fair, after the degree of terrorizing I did to some of your friends.... It's kinda fun.

Christina Johnson said...

YES!!!
At least you scared all the wrong ones away :o)

Chris Kaatz said...

I remember my dad telling me to 'leave Ben alone....' because he is a 'good one'.