Thursday, May 8, 2008

Palm Beach, Florida

The Breakers Resort


Shopping on Worth street


The conference evening shindig


Chris and Mom enjoy the balmy Florida evening


Mom enjoying herself at the soiree


Evening at the Breakers


Mom enjoying a "Bahama Mama" by the poolside



I got to go to a user conference which was held at the Five-Star Breakers resort in Palm Beach, Florida. It exceeded all my expectations. I have never stayed at a five-star resort before, and this was absolutely amazing. Rich with history and beauty. Google it when you have some time. Anyway, I took my mom and we had so much fun together. It was her first time East of the Mississippi, and of course her first time playing in the Atlantic ocean. Everything about the resort and the town (on the island) was jaw-dropping amazing. I don't even know where to begin to describe the opulence and wealth that was evident, but the car of choice amongst the retirees was the Bentley.

I am sharing the pictures that turned out semi-decently, that I took from my iPhone. The two from the evening are grainy. My charger died half way through the trip, so I didn't get as many as I wanted to.

Oh yeah, and the vendor conference was great too. I learned a ton of new information about this financial software package that Russell owns.

Enjoy the pics!
Chris

4 comments:

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that the two of you had so much fun!

You are a great daughter!

Christina Johnson said...

FUN! So where's the line for that guest pass to this conference thing? :o)

Gramma Carol said...

This was one of those experiences of a lifetime! Thanks so much for taking me. You truly ARE a wonderful daughter! You didn't even complain too much about me having to have the room 58 degrees! (You'll understand some day.)

Jon & Jen said...

Wow, that sounds like a nice trip! I can sure think of worse places to be sent for a conference... Matter of fact, where can I get a job that'll send me to Palm Beach? :-)