Monday, April 7, 2008

Leavenworth

Nick lines up a nice putt



Leavenworth in April is becoming an annual event. Last year, just Nick and I went for a mom-son weekend get-away. We stay at the Enzian Inn, which is a great place for kids. They have bunnies in a cute cage in the lobby, a great putting green golf course (18 holes), an indoor swimming pool, authentic German breakfast, and more. I highly recommend it. So this year Gram and Megan came along with Nick and me. The four of us headed out of town Friday after school, which was a half day. Nick wasn't going to go because of a Saturday baseball commitment, but we thought the rain out chances were pretty good so we took him along. Our plan was to shuffle him back over the mountains if the games were not rained out. And of course they were not rained out even though it was raining!! So, I packed him up Saturday morning and headed back over Blewett pass to meet Ward in North Bend. Then I headed back to Leavenworth. LOTS of driving, but worth it.

We had fun stimulating the local Leavenworth economy by purchasing lots of trinkets and goodies. Megan and I swam together, played basketball,and played catch with our baseball mitts. We also did hand stands and cartwheels. I can still do a semi-decent cartwheel at the old age of 42!

For some reason, I cannot seem to upload any more of my Leavenworth pics. Ratz! See "Mom's Blog" on my "Links" menu for more great Leavenworth pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gramma Carol said...

Thanks for the fun weekend, Chris!