Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Year Ago Today.....

My dad died.  

It's been one year without him.  I didn't know how I would make it through this year, but I did. We all did.  We made it through together.  Thank you to all who helped and prayed.  

I've been through a range of emotions, everything from:
* disbelief regarding how quickly he became so sick
* relief that he is not sick and suffering anymore, and now has a healthy, perfect body in heaven
* feeling like I've come to grips about the whole situation
* feeling like I haven't come to grips with the situation
* feeling frustrated that I didn't learn more from him while he was here, ie; the BBQ assembly incident
* feeling sad that I didn't rub his feet more often
* back to disbelief that he is gone

I am grateful for my family and have noticed that we haven't all been "down" at the same time.  That has been great.  When one of us is down, there has always been someone else who can help.  

Thanks again to everyone who helped...
chris


No comments: